Friday, March 08, 2013

Space Available for our Death Valley Workshop Next Week!



Enrollment for our Spring in Death Valley landscape photography workshop is coming along well.  We have several photographers enrolled.  My friend Bill Wight is joining us as a third instructor, so I think it'd be hard for photgoraphers to find a better student to teacher ratio!  Bill will be joining us for an Eastern Sierra workshop in June as well.

Next week we'll have not only Spring wildflowers to shoot in Death Valley's exotic landscapes, we'll also be able to pursue shots of comet PANSTARRS, a crescent moon set, then enjoy dark skies for star trails and light painting shots.  I like to schedule dates when we can maximize our photographic opportunities!

I put together an album of shots from my 2006 - 2008 visits over on my +Death Valley Workshops page on G+, and I visited the park at least 8 times in that timeframe alone.  In 2010, 2011, 2012 and now in 2013 I've been intentionally exploring the vast reaches of America's largest national park in the lower 48 states for my upcoming book, so my knowledge of Death Valley's secrets has grown by leaps and bounds.  Workshops aren't just for photography instruction; on-the-ground experience is a key value to deliver as well.  You can hit the same old tired viewpoints in the same way as the park's 1 million other visitors, or I can show you fresh perspectives and unique spots.

If you can't join us for next week's visit to Death Valley, no problem, we'll announce at least one more trip later in the year.  We'll also have workshops in Yosemite, the Eastern Sierra, and like last year, night workshops at Bodie State Historic Park.  Contact me for details and notification as they're announced.

Rainbow in Bridalveil Fall, Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park.  I was there to catch the moon rise from behind Half Dome... it came up just a few minutes later!

No comments:

Post a Comment