Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Total Lunar Eclipse Dec 20-21 2010

Here's one of my early shots from the lunar eclipse last night. I'm still in Tucson and have to drive 9-10 hours today, so I won't get around to working on the timelapse today.

On my primary camera, a Canon 5D Mark II, I shot a timelapse sequence of the eclipsing moon moving through the sky, as thin clouds moved overhead and the light turned red from the moon's darkened face.

I can't wait to see how the time-lapse turns out, but I have a LOT of driving to do first.








Update: Here's a first pass at the time-lapse video:


Total Lunar Eclipse Timelapse, December 2010 from Jeff Sullivan on Vimeo.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    very very very beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I've pursued meteor showers, full moon rises and sets, and other astronomical events as well. Here's a set of my night shots over on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreysullivan/sets/72157622031035620/

    ReplyDelete